The History of Medicine Library is open for viewing and research from 9am to 5pm weekdays at 145 Macquarie St. Sydney
College members are always welcome to visit. Members of the public may visit by appointment. Please contact the Librarian to make an appointment.
On your arrival at 145 Macquarie St. Sydney, our reception staff will welcome you and direct you to the Librarian / Curator.
Borrow or research
College members are always welcome to explore our heritage collections and can also request books to be posted out to them directly. Search the catalogue and request a book
Members of the public can arrange to borrow through the inter-library loan system at their local public library.
If you are a researcher or non-member please note the following guidelines:
- appointments should be confirmed with the Librarian prior to visiting
- no food or drinks are permitted in the Library
- use of photographic equipment without flash is permitted
- scanning of most material is permitted and will be undertaken by staff on request
- copyright must be adhered to for all relevant items
The History of Medicine Library is located in Sydney
145 Macquarie Street
New South Wales
Aotearoa New Zealand
Our Aotearoa New Zealand collections are held at the Ernest and Marion Davis Library at Auckland Hospital.
32 Park Road,
Contact the Ernest and Marion Davis Library directly for access.
You can view the Aotearoa New Zealand items in the History of Medicine Library catalogue.