History of Medicine Library catalogue
The History of Medicine Library at the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) has a leading medical history collection from Australasia and beyond.
The Library is home to thousands of items, including:
- rare books
- deposited archives
- digital images and photographs
- historical medical and surgical instruments
The History of Medicine Library is open for viewing and research from 9am to 5pm weekdays.
College members are always welcome to explore our heritage collections and can also request books to be posted out directly to them. Search the catalogue and request a book
Members of the public may visit by appointment. Please email the Librarian to make an appointment.
On your arrival at 145 Macquarie St. Sydney, our reception staff will welcome you and direct you to the Librarian / Curator.
If you are a researcher or non-member please note the following guidelines:
- appointments should be confirmed with the Librarian prior to visiting
- no food or drinks are permitted in the Library
- use of photographic equipment without flash is permitted
- scanning of most material is permitted and will be undertaken by staff on request
- copyright must be adhered to for all relevant items
145 Macquarie Street
New South Wales
Aotearoa New Zealand
Our Aotearoa New Zealand collections are held at the Ernest and Marion Davis Library at Auckland Hospital.
32 Park Road,
Contact the Ernest and Marion Davis Library directly for access.
You can view the Aotearoa New Zealand items in the History of Medicine Library catalogue.